Skip to main content

Comments from new Clients

This is a letter from a client I helped at the beginning of 2020. She is the kindest lady on the planet. and here are her sweet words. It's letters like these that help me to know I have made the right decision to become a professional organizer, and that I am changing peoples lives. I can't wait to see how her 2020 years finishes and how happy she is come December!



Let me start off by saying how amazing Gressa is!  I believe that her ‘kick start’ visit was just what I needed to get going on my organization plan for 2020!  After living in my house for 28 years now, and not having done much purging, I felt overwhelmed and didn’t know where to start, nor did I have a plan for organizing.

I decided to start with my utility closet which was a ‘catch all’ for so many different things, from household paper products to wrapping papers, greeting cards, cameras, camping gear, blankets, antique items, candles, miscellaneous gifts, office supplies, tech stuff, etc. etc.!   I was anxious about the whole idea, but once we got started, Gressa’s gentle and non-aggressive comments really helped me think about what kind of emotions I had attached to certain things.  For example, she encouraged me to think about possibly letting go of things people had given me over the years and that it would be ok, detaching from the item, but not detaching from the person!
Gressa helped me with a sorting process so that I could separate things into categories that mentally made sense, like what to donate, things to put in other more appropriate places in the house.  Then, after all was purged from half of the utility closet, I could clearly see what would be going back into that space!  Gressa really helped me visualize a plan for how things could be compartmentalized going back into the space.  She really incorporated how I would use the things going back into the space, the accessibility to them.  From her initial inquiries, she realized that ‘micro’ organizing into many boxes or baskets was not for me, she was keenly able to suggest just what would make me most comfortable!  I can actually go into the space now, and immediately find what I need without having to rummage or have things falling in on each other when removing another item!  
So, then, I gleaned what she taught me, and cleaned out the other half of my utility closet on my own, with some help from my husband!  We were actually able to ‘garage sale’ and ‘donate’ enough things, that now we actually have open space!  It is so uplifting and freeing I can’t even tell you!
Another thing Gressa did was to take away the ‘donate’ items and the ‘trash’ items!  I think that was wise, as I may have had the tendency to re-think some of those things!  It was very cleansing!  
Gressa followed up with me to see how things were progressing on the other half of the utility closet!  She provided some friendly reminders, like letting go of things that no longer have meaning, or no purpose anymore!  She invited any questions that I might have, and to follow up if I needed any assistance with spatial reorganizing the entire space once everything was cleaned out!
It has been such a stress reliever to begin this ‘clean out’ process!  Gressa has motivated me now to keep going, with the goal of having my entire house revitalized in 2020!

Thank you, Gressa, for your organizing skills, your patience, your non-judgmental approach, and your professionalism, and your deep insight toward letting things go!  As I stated at the beginning, you are AMAZING! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11/15 Home office/Craft areas!

Go through all paperwork and decide what is trash, and what needs to be filed, and what needs to be dealt with right away! Create space for your new piles. We have a few different systems in our office- I have a "need to get to" tray with 3 slots one for each business and then a home one. The for Billy's Business we have wall organizers and each month is a different folder! This makes it so easy to file the papers quickly and they stay organized until tax time! And the third is we turned 2 drawers into small filing cabinets and one hold all of Billys past tax papers, and the other one is for all of our household papers. One drawer is in our office, the other is in our TV stand in our living room! Sometimes you have to get creative!! Wall organizers Filing drawer in our T.V. stand If you have an actual office do you need it to be more than just an office? Ours serves many purposes- It's a craft room, game room and an office. We don&

"Special Mail" Organization

  What do you do with your holiday cards, or any other "special mail" that you want to keep?  FIRST, I am here giving you permission if you don't have a lot of room, and have too many special cards every year, please let them go, recycle them and make room for the ones to come in 2021. I usually take that route- I love getting the cards and having them hang in my hallway, for the holiday season, then take them down, add any new addresses or birthdays to my contacts in my phone and recycle them.  ALSO it is OK to keep them as long as it is with intention and they are kept in an organized way. Piled all over the house, or shoved into a box that is shoved in a closet is not what I am talking about. This year I decided to try something different, I am going to make it a goal to keep all of the special mail (my kids get cards from all of the grandparents for all of the holidays plus all of the holiday cards, baby or  graduation  announcements, and wedding invitations ) in thi

10/15 Drop Zone!

So today's challenge is working on your Drop Zone! I love drop zones, the space can also be called a command center, mud room, or if you want to be fancy the owners suit. Usually is in a place that everyone can see and uses! I call it the drop zone because everyone in my family, including me, comes in and drops everything we are bringing into the house in this spot.If you don't have a spot for all of this yet, then you might be using your kitchen table, or kitchen island as your drop zone, which might be driving you crazy when its time to eat dinner!  Our drop zone is right when we come in from the garage. It's not a large space, but it is in the perfect spot of the house, and I added things that we needed to allow it to have a home for all of the things I wanted to keep in this area! First thing you need to do after you have cleaned everything out and decided what you are keeping, you need to make a home for everything you want in this room. Then you will n